Dr. Shawn Khodadadian, a best in class board certified gastroenterologist in NYC (GI doctor), is a specialist in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions of the gastrointestinal tract (the digestive tract from the mouth through anus, including the stomach and bowel), liver, pancreas and gall bladder.
Dr. Khodadadian is currently an attending physician at Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC. He is also a clinical instructor at NYU Langone Medical Center in NYC. Dr. Khodadadian has been voted by his peers as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor as well as New York Super Doctors. Dr. Khodadadian’s private practice is located on NYC’s Upper East Side.
I had a wonderful experience with Dr Khodadadian! Easy and quick appt scheduling always a plus with hectic NYC lifestyles. Most important was the actual interaction with the gastroenterologist himself. He is very personable and I felt all my concerns/questions were acknowledged and answered. It is hard to find a doctor who will take the time to discuss your findings in detail. And to top it all off my symptoms have completely resolved with his treatment plan. Absolutely recommend. ~ Google
The NYC Gastroenterologist performs complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to treat conditions such as abdominal pain, peptic ulcers, diarrhea, Crohn’s disease, hemmrohoids, and hepatitis diagnosis and treatments.
The most frequent reasons that patients from throughout NYC visit Manhattan Gastroenterology include:
- Colonoscopy: A colonoscopy is a medical outpatient procedure that lets the gastroenterologist visually examine the lining of your large intestine from the inside. A colonoscopy is typically performed to test for colon cancer and to check for pre-cancerous polyps, which can be removed at the same time by the NYC gastroenterologist.
- GERD & Heartburn: Gastroesophageal reflux disease, commonly referred to as GERD, is a medical condition in which the acidic juices in your stomach splash back into your esophagus, irritating the esophageal lining. This burning sensation referred to as heartburn.
- Hemorrhoids: Hemorrhoids are veins around the anus or lower rectum that have become swollen and inflamed and are extremely common in men and women. Hemorrhoids can happen either inside the anus or under the skin around the anus. As a trained gastroenterologist, Dr. Khodadadian is familiar with the signs and treatment options of hemorrhoids including laser hemorrhoid removal. While there are many techniques for eliminating hemorrhoids, infrared coagulation (or IRC) has been shown to be effective and fast acting. Dr. Khodadadian has completed special training in applying IRC and has treated countless patients successfully.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a disorder characterized most commonly by cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, and diarrhea. IBS causes a great deal of discomfort and distress, but it does not permanently harm the intestines and does not lead to a serious disease.
- Upper Endoscopy: Upper endoscopy helps gastroenterologists find the source of symptoms such as upper abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or difficulty swallowing. It’s also the best test to find the cause of bleeding from your upper gastrointestinal tract. Upper endoscopy is more accurate than X-rays for detecting inflammation, ulcers and tumors of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum.
As a best in class, top rated NYC gastroenterologist, Dr. Shawn Khodadadian provides highly personalized and comprehensive care. His philosophy regarding the doctor/patient relationship is based on trust and has earned him one of the most respected reputations in NYC.
Dr. Shawn Khodadadian of Manhattan Gastroenterology in NYC offers best in class treatments to patients from around the New York City area, NYC tourists, and from all over the United States and the world. If you are a NYC tourist or in interested in a SKYPE consultation please follow this link: NYC Gastroenterologist: NYC Medical Tourist Info.
For more information about the the gastroenterological services offered at Manhattan Gastroenterology or to schedule a consultation with the with the GI doctor, Dr. Shawn Khodadadian, please contact our Upper East Side NYC gastroenterology office.
Dr. Shawn Khodadadian
983 Park Ave, Ste 1D
New York, NY 10028