Dr. Khodadadian is currently an attending physician at Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC. He is also a clinical instructor at NYU Langone Medical Center in NYC. Dr. Khodadadian has been voted by his peers as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor as well as New York Super Doctors and selected to the prestigious group of New York Magazine Best Doctors. Dr. Khodadadian’s private practice is located on NYC’s Upper East Side and Midtown Manhattan.
The most frequent reasons that patients from throughout NYC visit Manhattan Gastroenterology include:
- Colonoscopy: A colonoscopy is a medical outpatient procedure that allows the gastroenterologist to visually examine the lining of your large intestine from the inside. A colonoscopy is typically performed to test for colon cancer and to check for pre-cancerous polyps, which can be removed at the same time by the NYC gastroenterologist.
- GERD & Heartburn: Gastroesophageal reflux disease, commonly referred to as GERD, is a medical condition in which the acidic juices in your stomach splash back into your esophagus, irritating the esophageal lining. This burning sensation is referred to as heartburn.
- Hemorrhoids: Hemorrhoids are veins around the anus or lower rectum that have become swollen and inflamed and are extremely common in men and women. Hemorrhoids can happen either inside the anus or under the skin around the anus. As a trained gastroenterologist, Dr. Khodadadian is familiar with the signs and treatment options of hemorrhoids including laser hemorrhoid removal and hemorrhoidal banding. While there are many techniques for eliminating hemorrhoids, infrared coagulation (or IRC) has been shown to be effective and fast acting. Dr. Khodadadian has completed special training in applying IRC and has treated countless patients successfully.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a disorder characterized most commonly by cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, and diarrhea.
- Upper Endoscopy: Upper endoscopy allows gastroenterologists to find the source of symptoms such as upper abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or difficulty swallowing. It’s also the best test to find the cause of bleeding from your upper gastrointestinal tract. Upper endoscopy is more accurate than X-rays for detecting inflammation, ulcers and tumors of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum.
As a best in class, top rated NYC gastroenterologist, Dr. Shawn Khodadadian provides highly personalized and comprehensive care. His philosophy regarding the doctor/patient relationship is based on trust and has earned him one of the most respected reputations in NYC.
Dr. Shawn Khodadadian of Manhattan Gastroenterology in NYC offers best in class treatments to patients from around the New York City area, NYC tourists, and from all over the United States and the world. If you are a NYC tourist, please follow this link: NYC Gastroenterologist: NYC Medical Tourist Info.
Important Reminder: This information is only intended to provide guidance, not definitive medical advice. Please consult a doctor about your specific condition. Only a trained gastroenterologist like Dr. Khodadadian can determine an accurate diagnosis and proper treatment.
For more information about the the gastroenterological services offered at Manhattan Gastroenterology or to schedule a consultation with the with the GI doctor, Dr. Shawn Khodadadian, please contact our Upper East Side NYC gastroenterology office or Midtown Locations.
983 Park Ave, Ste 1D
New York, NY 10028
Manhattan Gastroenterology- Midtown
51 East 25th Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10010